As Attorney General of Arkansas, I have defended our Second Amendment Rights in the Supreme Court and in front of hostile activist judges nationwide. Constitutional rights do not stop at state lines — I will fight to secure my fellow Americans’ rights to bear arms just as vigorously as I protect Arkansans.
The Rutledge Record on our gun rights:
- “A” rating by the National Rifle Association
- Leading 16 other state Attorneys General in a counter-lawsuit to defend the NRA from New York’s Attorney General, Letitia James.
- Fought in a 16 state coalition opposing Illinois’ unconstitutional gun permit law
- Petitioned the Supreme Court to protect lawful gun owners’ rights here in Arkansas and nationwide.
- Opposed Obama-era executive actions on guns that curbed the rights of law-abiding gun owners nationwide.
- Worked with the state legislature to make Arkansas a sanctuary 2nd Amendment state.